High quality, heavy-duty oil lamp. Made in Germany with all German-sourced parts, including the glass, wicks, and steel. Feurerhand was founded in 1893 and has been making hurricane lamps since 1902
The glass globe is made from temperature-resistant Suprax glass, which can withstand adverse conditions like rain and snow without cracking.
The #276 has been in production since the early 1930s and comes in a few variants. The galvanized models are a bit more expensive, but worth it, due to the improved rust resistance.
- German quality
- Cold blast design
- Zinc plated; some models galvanized
- Painted models are powder coated
- Heat-resistant Suprax glass
- Tank is specially sealed to prevent leaking
- Specially designed burner element that prevents flicking and sooting
- Height: 10 in (25.5 cm)
- Width: 6.1 in (15.5 cm)
- Weight: 1.25 lbs (520g)
- Fuel tank capacity: 11.5 oz (340 ml)
- Burning time: ~ 20 hours
- Avg. 7 candle power of light from 1/2" wick